Temporary Enforcement of Epidemic Prevention Measures When Entering Japan
- From 0:00 am (JST) on January 13, 2021, all nationals who enter or return to Japan will be asked to submit the certificate of negative test result of pre-entry testing conducted within 72 hours of the departure time of the flight.
- From 0:00 am (JST) on January 9, 2021, COVID-19 test will conducted at the airport upon arrival.
- Those who cannot submit the negative COVID-19 testing result mentioned above will be requested to stay for 3 days at specific facilities designated by the Chief of the Quarantine Station. (If you do not follow the instructions of the quarantine officer, you may be detained under the Quarantine Act.)
[Regarding Certificate of Negative Test Result]
Upon entry/re-entry into Japan, negative COVID-19 test result conducted within 72 hours (from the sampling time to departure time of the flight), in principle with predetermined format (http://www.mofa.go.jp/mofaj/files/100091340.docx) or a certificate with all the required information listed below is required.
(1) Personal information of an applicant (name, passport number, nationality, date of birth, sex).
(2) Proof of authenticity of the COVID-19 test result (test method (only limited to the test method mentioned in the format), test result, date and time of sampling, date of test result, date of issuance of the certificate).
(3) Information of a medical institution* (the name and address of a medical institution/ the name of a doctor/ stamp seal of medical institution or signature of doctor).
(4) All information from (1) to (3) above must be written in English.
* In Cambodia, COVID-19 test with issuance of certificate can be obtained at NIPH (National Institute of Public Health).
Tel: 023 966 449
The questionnaire to be submitted when entering Japan has been digitized.
Before arriving in Japan, you can perform a smooth quarantine procedure by entering the required information on the "Questionnaire Website" and creating a QR code in advance.
For further details, please check the following page.