Japanese Government (MEXT) Scholarship for 2019
April 23, 2018
1. What is MEXT Scholarship?
Categories of MEXT Scholarship
2. How to apply for MEXT Scholarship for 2019
2. You are required to submit two types of application forms; one is for the Embassy of Japan in Cambodia, another is for the Ministry of Education, Youth and Sport. The application forms are available at the Scholarship Office, Department of Cultural Relations and Scholarship, Ministry of Education, Youth and Sport, located at #23, St. 360, Sangkat Boeung Keng Kang 1, Khan Chamkarmon, Phnom Penh (Approximately 50m from the east side of APSARA TV). You can download the application forms for the Embassy of Japan in Cambodia in this website. Application forms for the Embassy are different in accordance with the category.
3. Fill in the application form for the category you choose and prepare all the necessary documents. Necessary documents for application are different in accordance with categories and your present status (ex. university students or high school students).
4. After completing to fill in your application form and preparing all the necessary documents, submit them to the Scholarship Office between Wed. 9 May and Thu. 31 May, 2018 at 16:00.
- The Scholarship Office does not receive your application if all the documents have not been prepared.
- The Embassy strongly recommends you to submit in enough time well in advance. If you have not prepared all the necessary documents by the deadline, we do not receive your application.
3. Main process of the selection
|Written examination and Document selection||・Written Examination: Sun. 24 June @ Institute of Technology of Cambodia (ITC) (tentative)
・The announcement of the successful candidates:
-Research: Fri. 13 July
-Undergraduate, College of Technology, and Specialized Training College: Tue. 3 July
|・Regarding Research Students, the successful candidates will be decided by both the scores of the written examination and evaluation of the research proposal.
・Regarding Undergraduate, College of Technology, and Specialized Training College Students, the successful candidates will be decided by the scores of the written examination.
Let’s try the sample questions of past written examination
|Interview||Research: Fri. 27 July
Undergraduate: Mon. 23 July
College of Technology: Thu. 19 July
Specialized Training College: Fri. 20 July
The announcement of the successful candidates:
-Research: Wed. 1 August
-Undergraduate, College of Technology and Specialized Training College: Thu. 26 July
|・The Embassy of Japan in Cambodia will recommend the successful candidates to MEXT, but this is not the final decision.
・MEXT will make the final selection, which is the competition against all candidates who passed the same selection in their own countries.
|Final selection by MEXT||The announcement of the successful candidates:
End of December 2018-January 2019
4. For your references
5. For more information
Culture and Information Section, Embassy of Japan in Cambodia
Office Hour: 13:30-17:15
Study in Japan Comprehensive Guide: http://www.studyjapan.go.jp/en/index.html
The Project for Human Resource Development Scholarship by Japanese Grant Aid (JDS): http://jds-scholarship.org/