Visa for long-term stay training, working/dependent etc.


When an application for visa is made for the purpose such as employment, residency, etc. in Japan, it is necessary for a proxy in Japan to obtain the “Certificate of Eligibility” and for the visa applicant to file a visa application at the Japanese embassy/consulate-general by submitting the following documents. 

**In order to obtain the Certificate of Eligibility, a proxy in Japan should make an application with the nearest Regional Immigration Bureau of the Ministry of Justice to the proxy’s place of residence in Japan. (An application for Certificate of Eligibility cannot be made at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.)

Required documents

  1.  Certificate of Eligibility (original copy)
  2.  Passport
  3.  Visa application form
           *also available at consular counter
  1.  A photo (4.5cmx4.5cm, white background)
           Affix it on application form