Undergraduate Students

1. Requirements (*application forms are available below)
(1) Nationality: be a citizen of Cambodia
(2) Age: must be under 25 years of age (as of 1 April, at the time of application intake)
(3) Academic Background: have completed 12 years of school education or have completed courses in a school comparable to a high school (includes prospective graduates)
(4) Academic Transcript or Record Book:
Academic Transcript or Record Book for Application Intake
For those who had completed grade 12 with national examination Academic Transcript and Certificate of grade 12 national examination are required to be at least 70% of total score of grade 12
For those who had completed grade 12 without national examination due to the Covid-19 pandemic Academic Transcript is required to be at least 70% of total score of grade 12
For those who will complete 12 years of schooling (before the following year) Academic Transcript is required to be at least 70% of total score of grade 11

2. Period of study
  • 5 years (including 1-year Japanese language training)
  • * 7 years for medicine, dentistry, pharmacy and veterinary science
  • The period of scholarship to higher education is extendable upon a successful screening by MEXT
3. Fields of Study
All courses are taught in Japanese.
Social Sciences and Humanities:
  • Social Sciences and Humanities-A (SSH-A): Law, Politics, Pedagogy, Sociology, Literature, History, Japanese language and others
  • Social Sciences and Humanities-B (SSH-B): Economics and Business Administration
 Natural Sciences:
  • Natural Sciences-A (NS-A): Science, Electric and Electronic Studies, Mechanical Studies, Civil Engineering and Architecture, Chemical Studies and Other fields
  • Natural Sciences-B (NS-B): Agricultural Studies, Hygienic Studies and Biology
  • Natural Sciences-C (NS-C): Medicine and Dentistry
4. Accepting Institutions
Universities (Bachelor's Degree)

5. Necessary documents for Application Intake
  • *Application Form
  • ID Card or Student's Card
  • Academic Transcript or Record book of High School
※ A copy version of original documents such as Academic Transcript can be substituted and submitted for application intake. 

Applicants are required to use designated forms for the documents indicated with “*”.
Please download these forms at the following URL: https://www.studyinjapan.go.jp/en/smap-stopj-applications-undergraduate.html
Note: Information is subject to change.

6. Detailed information about Undergraduate Students