Any organization or body, etc. planning a project and seeking the nominal support of the Embassy of Japan in Cambodia should read the following and file an application by mail with the required application documents.
Please note that nominal support may not be granted depending on the content of the project.
1 Period for Application Acceptance
Please file the application no later than one and a half months prior to the date on which you wish to begin using nominal support (including the date on which you will initiate public relations activities with regard to the project on your website, etc. or by printing leaflets, etc.). Last-minute applications or applications lacking sufficient documentation may not be accepted.
(Note) The Embassy permits the use of its name on leaflets and websites, etc. only after notice of the granting of nominal support has been issued. No statement such as “Nominal Support of the Embassy of Japan in Cambodia (planned) / (pending)” may be used until notice is issued.
2 Required Documents
Applicants for nominal support should prepare documents (1) to (5) below. (If documents similar to (1) to (5) are unavailable, such documents must be prepared.) Documents (1) and (2) must be prepared in the prescribed format.
Please note that the submission of other documents may be required as deemed necessary.
(1) Application to the Embassy of Japan in Cambodia for Nominal Support and Pledge (Word)
Notes for completing the form
- Prepare the application form after expressing agreement to "3. Matters to be observed," as indicated in the attached form (no changes to these matters will be approved).
- The name of the representative must be that of the representative of the organization hosting the project (or applying organization), not the person responsible for the project.
- After filling out the form, make sure to affix an official seal (the organization’s seal).
(2) Outline of the Project (Word)
- Notes for completing the form
- Fill in all required items.
- Regarding "8. Date from which you wish to use nominal support," in the attached form, enter the date on which you wish to begin using nominal support (including the date on which you will initiate public relations activities with regard to the project on your website, etc. or by printing leaflets, etc.). No general statement, e.g., "from the date on which nominal support is granted," will be accepted.
Notes for completing the form
- Any format will suffice. Please refer to the example if you are unsure how to prepare the form.
- Where the project is sponsored by multiple entities, enter their names and provide a breakdown of the sponsorship by entity in this form or on a separate sheet.
Documents outlining the project, e.g. the project proposal, list of work to be presented (in the case of an exhibition, etc.), details of the work (in the case of a film or theatrical play, etc.), programs, application guidelines (in the case of an exhibition of work by the general public or a contest) (at least one of the above is required for applications for all projects)
In the case of a project in which food will be provided, a document showing that proper public health measures have been put in place, and in the case of a sports-related project, a document showing that proper accident prevention, medical, and compensation measures (such as insurance) have been put in place
(5) Documents Outlining the Organization Hosting the Project and the Applying Organization, etc.
List of Board members
Articles of incorporation or other documents equivalent thereto (constitution, articles of association, act of endowment, etc.)
History, business performance, activity details, etc. of the organization
When the organization hosting the project and the applying organization are different, a document showing their relationship (written contract, etc.) The documents listed in (ii) and (iii) above may be omitted for the following projects or organizations.
- (a) Any project for which the Embassy granted nominal support within the last two years; provided, however, that where any changes in the details of the project have occurred since the previous application, the relevant documents need to be submitted.
- (b) Government offices, diplomatic corps , consular offices, international organizations, local governments, and incorporated administrative agencies under the jurisdiction of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan.
(Note) The list of Board members may also be omitted by organizations listed in (b) above.